Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunflowers


I made this card for the Features Stamper challenge on SCS. The honor this week went to Minnidr (Diane). I chose to case this card. I thought my card was going to be very similar to Diane's. I knew I wanted to use the swirls/flourishes and somehow I ended up with sunflowers! In order for the swirls to fit I had to make this card big, it's almost an A7. I haven't made a card this big in a long time. Thanks for taking a peek!

Stamps: Me and Carrie Lou Sunflowers
Paper: PTI White, SU Chocolate Chip
Accessories, Nesties, Sizzix Swirls Die, Clip, Copic Markers, So saffron Ribbon


10 comments:

Becky said...

How pretty, love how you did these flowers, just is so so pretty.

Michelle Forrest said...

Cathleen, this is wonderful, so bright and cheerful! Love those beautiful sun flowers and those flourishes are wonderful!

laos348 said...

So pretty - I like how you framed the sunflowers.

Rebecca said...

The swirly flourishes look gorgeous on here. I like the yellow with the creamy background; it really makes the gorgeous flowers take center stage!

Kirstin said...

Gorgeous!! Sunflowers always make me smile and they are my favorite to give and receive! Love the swirlies as well!

Kristin said...

this is so pretty :-)

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I saw this beauty in your SCS gallery and just had to come tell you here, how much I love it. It's so happy and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Haven't worked with sunflowers for ages! Very pretty card...love the flourishes!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!! tfs!

paige said...

I love sunflowers and yours is just gorgeous!