Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pearls, Petals and Pizzazz


I made this card for the Ways To Use It Challenge at SCS. the challenge was to take patterned paper and pizzazz it up. I don't know why I make it harder for myself sometimes. I know that Pinks are the hardest for me to photograph, especially light pinks, so what color do I pick...Pink! Then I pick this really light gauze type paper that is almost impssoble to work with, and add glitter to it....I spent about a half an hour getting the glitter off the places I did not want glitter. Then I decide I am going to take this really delicate paper and try to use punches. I think I punched ten butterflies, only one did not rip apart. I did have better luck with the cuddlebug dies. Then I had to glue this stuff down. No ATG on this paper, or scrappy glue...but I did learn that the quickie glu pen worked! Anyway here is my card!

Supplies: Pink Petallo Flowers, The paper Company Pink And White Wedding Overlay, Prisma Glitter and Silver Glitter, Cuddlebug Heart Die and Quik Kuts Flourish Die, Pretties Kit Pearls and Flower Centers

3 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Cathleen, this is one of the prettiest cards I have seenin a long time...the color is fabulous, the swirls and pearls, Awesome!!!

Stef H said...

OMGoodness. This is gorgeous. I LOVE PINK!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is so elegant looking.